Directions to Barefoot ResortDirections to the Barefoot Resort from Rapid City Regional Airport
- From the Rapid City Regional Airport, follow the signs to Interstate 90 West.
- You’ll travel about 30 miles to Sturgis. Look for the sign to Deadwood.
- Get off I-90 at exit 30 in Sturgis
- Turn left at stoplight.
- This is Highway 14A (Boulder Canyon).
- Continue along Hwy 14 A until you reach Deadwood.
- Hwy 14A merges with Hwy 85.
- Stay on Hwy 85. Go straight through Deadwood (about 5 stop lights).
- You will reach a double lane highway that goes to Lead.
- This is Hwy 85 (Pioneer Way).
- Once you reach Lead, there is only one stop light.
- Continue through the stop light and follow Hwy 85 for about 1 ½ miles.
- Look for the large “Terry Peak Ski Area” billboard on the right-hand side of the road.
- Immediately before the billboard, make a right hand turn onto Nevada Gulch Road.
- Follow the road all the way to the top where you will see our main entrance sign welcoming you to Barefoot Resort.
- Turn right onto our drive way and follow to top of the driveway and make another right-hand turn. You will see the office building with the flags. Park on the right side of the building and come inside.
*For an alternative route entering the resort during the snow season.
Continue straight past the main entrance sign. You will see Terry Peak on your left. Continue until you see the mail boxes on your right. Please make a right-hand turn here and come up the back entrance. You will make a left-hand turn once you reach the top of that driveway where you will see the main office buildings flags.
*Please note that it is advised to travel in a 4 wheel drive from late September until May.
*RV's are not allowed.