Click Here to print or view as a PDF

Reselling Your Barefoot Timeshare

You can list your property with a timeshare resale specialist. We recommend using a licensed established company.

Currently Barefoot Resort is not reselling any units.


If you wish to sell your unit to another party, Barefoot can provide transfer services for a required fee. Please call us for details.

This includes the Warranty Deed preperation and applicable transfer and recording fees. 


To provied this service Barefoot will need the following information;   

  1.  A copy of your recorded Deed showing your ownership.
  2. Your full name and current address
  3. The purchasing / receiving parties full name, address, e-mail and phone number.
  4. The price you received for the week.  Indicate -0- if you are gifting the property.
  5. Your account for association dues needs to be current.  If the receiving party is responsible for the dues for the first year they will have usage, please indicate such and we will transfer the current year’s dues to the new owners account.
  6. A transfer fee applies and can be paid by check only.

NOTE:  If you have a RCI membership or an RCI Points membership you need to contact RCI for information on canceling or discontinuing your membership.  If they have placed an incoming exchange into your week within the terms of their agreement with you, the new owner of your week would have to honor that incoming exchange.

Please mail the items listed above to:  Barefoot Resort, attn:  Operations Manager, 21111 Barefoot Loop, Lead, SD   57754

What you can expect from us:

We will submit the request to the attorney to draft the document.  The check for transfer will be deposited at that time.  The attorney will send the Deed directly to you with instructions to sign the document in front of a notary.  You will return the executed document to the Barefoot Resort address listed above.  Our staff will hand carry the Deed to the County Clerk and Recorder in Lawrence County, SD for recording.  All recording fees are included in the transfer fee.  The County will return the recorded document to the Barefoot Resort.  We will then make the ownership changes in our records and if necessary we will adjust your account billing the current dues only to the new owner of record.  We will send the original recorded Deed to the new owner along with a current copy of the usage calendar, Owner Handbook, and their association dues statement along with any other pertinent information or programs. 

We have 2 guests and no members online